This agreement is by and between Dundee Photo Tours (DPT) and the Participating party, (“Participant”, “Registrant”, “Purchaser”, and/or “Buyer”), named on the electronic registration). DPT’s relationship with Participant is that of an independent contractor. The terms: “Photo Tour” and “Photo Tour” refers to the photography event, workshop, seminar, tour and/or instructional period described on the registration materials the Participant has registered to attend. “Instructor” refers person or persons leading and/or teaching a Tour. “Material” refers to any photographic information or any other form of materials delivered by Instructor to Participant.
2 Health & Physical Condition
- Photo Tours are WALKING events. Photo Tours may include walking as many as 3 or more miles throughout the workshop. Although, there will be ample breaks during discussion and application periods throughout the Photo Tour, it is the Participant’s responsibility to assess the appropriateness of the workshop activities with regard to Participant’s own physical and mental abilities. Each Participant guarantees that they do not have any physical, mental or other condition that would endanger themselves or another Participant or DPT Instructor. DPT cannot be responsible for Participants who, after beginning a Tour, find that they cannot participate in Tour activities. If Dundee Photo Tours or its designees determine, at our sole discretion, that a Participant cannot complete the Photo Tour, Instructor may ask that Participant to withdraw or remove the Participant from the Tour at any time without refund. Dundee Photo Tour and its designees reserve the right in our sole discretion to remove, accept or decline to accept any participant on a Photo Tour at any time for any reason.
- Alcohol: Consumption of alcohol or other intoxicants during a Tour is strictly prohibited. If at any time a Participant engages in such activity, he/she may be asked to leave the Tour; no refund shall be offered. Arriving at a photo tour intoxicated is also grounds for immediate dismissal with no refund.
3. Payment, Cancellation and Location Changes
To register for a photo tour, Participant must make full payment using the online registration system at dundeephototours.co.uk, bank transfer, on-line invoice or over the phone. Your registration and payment is your commitment to attend the workshop. Participant may cancel a Tour up to 48 hours prior to its commencement and receive a full refund or credit towards a future Tour. If Participant cancels 48-24 hours prior to the start of their Tour, Participant shall be offered a refund or credit, minus a 25% administrative fee of the current retail value of the price paid per participant. If Participant fails to cancel or reschedule 24 hours or more prior to the commencement of scheduled Tour and does not attend said Tour, Participant is considered a “no show” and is not entitled to any refund or credit towards future Tours. If Participant is “no show” (i.e. Participant does not contact DPT 48 hours or more prior to the start of Tour and does not attend) Participant is not entitled to a refund; Participant may however reschedule by paying a £30 extension fee if Participant contacts DPT within 48 hours after the end of the scheduled photo tour.
- DPT is not responsible for Participant “no show” due to acts of God, transport delays, medical emergency, street closures, etc. Exceptions may be made on a case-by-case basis at DPT sole discretion. Participants who decide to leave a Photo Tour already in progress, for any reason, will not result in a full or partial refund. Joining a Photo Tour late will also not result in a full or partial refund.
- If a Tour is cancelled by DPT for any reason other than weather, Participant shall be entitled to a full refund or a full credit towards another Tour. Tours are “rain or shine” and every effort will be made to conduct a scheduled Tour. We reserve the right to make changes to any itinerary up to one hour prior to the start of a Tour whenever, in our judgment, conditions warrant or if we deem it necessary for the convenience or safety of participants and instructors. If DPT cancels, changes a location or itinerary of any Photo Tour, DPT is not responsible for any cancellation fees or other costs incurred by participant.
- DPT may change the location or itinerary of a photo tour (and may move outdoor Tours indoors or move indoor Tours outdoors) due to any conditions outside the control of DPT (including but not limited to weather conditions, transport strikes, protests, etc.). The itineraries and staff presented on this website or other third party websites are subject to modification and change by Dundee Photo Tours and/or its designees. Every reasonable effort will be made to operate itineraries as planned, but alterations may still occur after final itineraries are sent. Location changes do not alter the refund and reschedule policies above, i.e. if a location change is announced within 48 hours of the start time of a Tour and Participant wishes to reschedule, 25% rescheduling fee (as stated above) continues to apply.
- Participants who register through a tour operator or third party website must obtain refunds from the respective website or tour operator which may have additional rules and policies. DPT is not responsible for monies paid to a third party tour provider or registrations made via a website other than www.dundeephototours.com
- All credits must be used within three (3) months from the date the original Tour was scheduled.
- Prepaid Discounted Vouchers (Groupon etc.): Vouchers must be used towards a qualifying Tour indicated on Voucher prior to the expiration date of the voucher. If you used a prepaid voucher to make your reservation you may not reschedule your Tour beyond the expiration date of your voucher. All cancellation and rescheduling policies stated above apply.
4. Assumption of Risk
Photo Tours, like most things worth doing, may involve some risk. Risks include, but are not limited to forces of nature, strikes, civil unrest, itinerary changes, negligent behaviour of fellow Participants, mechanical failures, accidents, acts of God and health risks. Medical services and/or facilities including emergency health care, or medication may not be available during some photo tours. Each Participant assumes all associated risk inherent in a Photo Tour as indicated and is personally responsible for the consequences. In the event the Participant is a minor, the accompanying parent/guardian assumes responsibility of the minor’s health and well-being. Participant agrees to WAIVE, DISCHARGE CLAIMS, AND RELEASE FROM LIABILITY DPT and its officers from any and all liability on account of, or in any way resulting from injuries, even if caused by negligence of DPT and its officers in any way connected with a photo tour. Participant further agrees to HOLD HARMLESS the DPT, its officers, directors, agents, and leaders from any claims, damages, injuries or losses caused by Participant’s own negligence while a Participant is on a Photo Tour.
DPT may substitute one Instructor for another to lead a photo workshop in the event of scheduling or of Instructor’s illness. DPT warrants that all Instructors shall be a competent professional photographer and will perform to his/her best ability. No refunds shall be made for such substitutions. Any material(s) provided during a photo tour shall be the Instructor’s interpretation, rather than a literal recreation of any concepts provided to Participant by DPT or its representative. All material(s) provided are proprietary and belong solely to DPT. Participant acknowledges that DPT has spent considerable resources developing and creating these materials as well as training its instructors on delivery of these materials. These materials are the pillars of DPT competitive edge in the marketplace. Participant hereby agrees not to use materials gained during a photo tour to own, manage, operate, consult or be employed in a business substantially similar to, or competitive with, DPT or such other business activity in which DPT may substantially engage.
During a Photo Tour the Instructor or other persons may photograph and/or video Participants. Participant are provided with a Media Consent Form at the start of a Tour, or you can can download one here, and have the option whether or not to be included in any photographs and or video. Participants have the right to evoke permission for use of photographs/video at any time by contacting Dundee Photo Tours by email at firstname.lastname@example.org We may use, reuse, publish, and republish the photographs/videos in whole or in part, individually or in connection with other material, in any and all media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to the internet, and for any purpose whatsoever, specifically including but not limited to illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, and trade, without restriction as to alteration; and to use your name in connection with any use if DPT so chooses.
DPT makes every attempt to provide Participants with a safe and worthwhile experience. DPT does not accept responsibility for losses or expenses due to, but not limited to, acts of God, weather, strike, war, civil disturbance, terrorism or quarantine. All such losses or expenses are the responsibility of the Participant. DPT is not responsible for any other Participant preparation expense including but not limited to non-refundable tickets or credit card fees.